According to the Notice of Violation, they were found to be operating on
3723 - 3732 MHz which is a clear violation of 1.903 and you’re right that
this is how they got caught.  No question that had they not interfered with
the ground station, this wouldn’t have come up.  Once the FCC finds one
thing, they’re going to look at everything else and that’s how the
unregistered locations ended up part of this.