That is why the system only works for regulated rate of return carriers. They don't have to make the normal business case pencil out because they are guaranteed to cover their costs and get a return on the investment.

-----Original Message----- From: Matt Hoppes
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:41 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group ; Dev
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CAF-II lack of bidders?

Maybe it's because the low hanging fruit has been taken and the rest
doesn't work?

I just finished a proposal for fiber to the home for two rural
communities here in Pennsylvania.

I knew it would cost money and grants would be needed, but what I didn't
realize until after I finished the presentation for the County
Commissioners was that the system would operate a a nearly $2,500/month
ongoing deficit once installed - and that was assuming a 100% take rate
of about 300 end-users.