I guess it all depends on how you do documentation.  Myself, if I had my
way, I'd probably have our tech's run something like Smartsheet.  Punch in
customer info, app will grab gps coords from phone, and have them all in a
handy dandy spreadsheet for your office people to attach to the customer
file.  Apps like this are flexible in that you can set it up to record
whatever info you want, and it's (theoretically) easy for the monkeys to
use if you create forms for them.  See:
https://www.smartsheet.com/content-center/product-news/product-releases/quickly-capture-share-exact-locations-from-your-mobile-device
.  If you don't like to pay more monthly fees, I'm sure there are dozen
sketchier free apps that do the same thing.  (I used to like one called
Memento until I learned it was made in Russia.)

Hell, I'd not be surprised if Powercode/Sonar/etc start creating something
like it for their systems.  Or the towercoverage guys (I think they had an
app anyway?).

As far as accuracy, all phone app's rely on the hardware itself.  If your
tech's phone is basically a potato, it's gonna be crap, but I think all
modern phones are pretty decent for GPS accuracy.  50m is a lot of wiggle
room, and even then, I know android does a pretty decent job just working
out location just triangulating from cell towers.  Like Bill alluded to,
GPS takes time to lock in too.  Some people turn off location for
battery/privacy reasons, but if you leave it on, it slowly narrows down
your location better over time.

-Steve D