From: Steve Jones
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:50 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: [AFMUG] Advice on spending

I got approval from the boss to order a smart aligner. Ive been looking at this
for a while, particularly with the need for accuracy in CBRS. Not looking to
use it at customer sites, just backhauls and access points.
We have historically never been verifiably accurate on azimuths, probably
rolled out pretty bad too. We have had issues with contractors not installing
sites to spec, and having to go back up to turn radios/adjust tilt, etc.

This will be handy for this year, we are dropping in at least 40 new access
points and 3 or 5 new licensed links in the next few months. but then the tool
will sit

Boss said the worst thing to me, "get it if you think its necessary". If it
were a $1k tool it wouldnt be a question bet we are looking at almost 7k on the
kit. It meets my accuracy needs, but I almost wonder if the convenience
outweighs the necessary. ant his is over half the cost of a licensed link.
Knowing my numbers are right in propagation tools holds a lot of value. saving
maybe an hour getting a tight link aligned here and there offsets some cost.

You old timers, is this a justifiable expenditure based on your experience?