This should be pretty easy to do. If you can get the data from the scale,
you can advertise this info over bluetooth. They can open
an app on the phone, connect to the scale and download the info info the
app.

More advanced would be to have the info uploaded to the cloud with a
vehicle ID. The app could then pull down that info
at any time via cellular. Nothing required on the drivers part until they
are pulled over.

I've written apps with BLE and coded hardware with BLE as well. Not that
hard.