Gouging is when you take advantage of someone in need to charge an amount
higher than market value. This is taking advantage of a signed check with
no dollar amount in the amount field. Its like finding an open ATM when the
power is out. There's no camera functioning, so you're really only limited
by the size of your pockets and whoever is watching.