And, this is exactly what I have been discussing in this thread.  “In instances
where a customer can get the FCC to license wider than 80 MHz channels (11 GHz
& 18 GHz), we can unlock the modems to provide up to 112 MHz bandwidth.”

Let’s be clear on this.  The only way to “get the FCC to license” these would
be to properly prior coordinate the radio and frequency pair at 112 MHz with
the correct emission designator, and then file FCC applications with this
information. These applications would require at least two formal rule waiver
requests ( 47 CFR 101.109 & 47 CFR 101.147) and these are not usually granted
routinely.  Coordinating and licensing an 80 MHz channel pair and a 40 MHz pair
60 MHz away in order to “block-out” 120 MHz would not somehow make this 112 MHz
bandwidth legal.  For example, one recent coordination listed 10995.0 MHz CCDP
at 80 MHz and 10935.0 MHz CCDP at 40 MHz to cover a total of 120 MHz.  The
licensing for this would require two separate radio sets one at 80 MHz CCDP and
the other at 40 MHz CCDP.  Unlocking the radio for 112 MHz bandwidth here would
be strictly illegal and subject the operator to forfeiture (fines).  The
licensed frequencies would be meaningless as the operational frequency for the
112 MHz carrier would have to be 10975.0 MHz.

As far as I know, there have been no PCNs or applications filed with rule
waiver requests for 112 MHz bandwidth in either 11 or 18 GHz.  Therefore,
anyone operating in this fashion is doing so at their peril and vendors should
not be pushing this in North America without cautioning their customers.