The switch/router should report the error. The SFP is just a blinky light for the most part, until you get into 100g coherent optics. Some things that may not report errors would be interface drops, but would be reported as a link down. I would really like it if mikrotik would implement a hold time/ port flap protection. Also reading more SFP detail would be nice so it would now alarm levels for the RX signal.