Lewis, It seems that you are still implying that there is some economic
incentive to report more positive cases.  As far as I can tell, this is not
the case whatsoever.  That may not be your intent, but the structure of
your sentence "I merely quesited about there being some misguided economic
incentive, ..." vs something like " I merely quesited whether there may be
some misguided economic incentive, ..." suggests that the incentive
exists.