At the grocery store I saw bulk packages of fun size Paydays (also
Snickers).  Very tempting.  However, I thought:

a)  There probably won't be trick-or-treaters this year

b)  With my luck I'd give one to a kid with peanut allergies

c)  I'd end up eating them

I usually give out the little bags of Skittles, although one year I gave out
superhero Pez dispensers, the kids thought I was some crazy old coot.  Last
year I ordered some little Halloween coloring books and crayons, my son
thought that was so lame he refused to hand them out and got out the
Skittles.

I'm still tempted to go back and get the little Paydays, they were so cute.
I didn't have my phone or I would have taken a photo.  Strange the store
just had Paydays and Snickers.  They must hate kids with peanut allergies.
Or they believe in real candy that kids actually like, not ridiculous stuff
like those Necco wafers.