If they heard every argument and /then/ dismissed it, isn't that just a different kind of political messaging? Expedience mattered in this case because the EC vote was imminent.

I realize there are nutters who will rationalize the outcome as "we were right, but the court didn't want to hear it because of a technicality."  But if they went all the way through with it the same people would come up with some other reasoning why they actually were right.  There are still people who insist Nixon was framed, and people still think Iraq had functional WMD's. Forevermore there will be people who believe Donald Trump actually won the 2020 election, and nothing the court says will ever change their minds.  Losing in court >50 times didn't matter to them, why would one more?

I'm ready for "justsumname" to pipe and prove me right.