I'm having trouble with one of my customers who insists on having a real fax machine. I'm not convinced that it's not the Fax machine talking to the ATA, so I was going to take another fax machine to their location to test. From the Packet captures, it looks like the Fax machine does not successfully negotiate the baud rate. I have several customers doing faxing with ATA's and fax machines, the only difference with this customer is that their ATA is off my network behind a Comcast connection.

My desktop laser multifunction is a fax machine, but it also weighs about 80lb so I don't really want to lug it over. I figured I could pickup a cheap inkjet printer for <$50 and it would fax, but it looks like fax capability is now relegated to the $200+ machines. Which I guess makes sense since nobody 'should' be faxing anymore.

Are there still cheap fax machines out there that I'm missing.