The key is figuring out how to limit amplification of what should be fringe
ideas.  It's OK for the fringe ideas to exist on the platform.   It's not
ok for them to be amplified beyond their worth.

The problem today is that fringe ideas tend to be retweeted a lot more than
Mainstream ideas as the extreme is a lot less boring than the middle.

Another problem seems to be the recency bias of some of these algorithms.
 Youtube is far more likely to recommend something related to something I
watched recently than something from my subscription list.  This makes it
really easy to fall into a trap where you're only being recommended videos
which fall into a specific viewpoint.