A lot of what is happening now can be attributed to housing imho.

A house is your domain. The place you get things done. Your mind expands,
you have more space to enjoy hobbies or learn something new. Personally, I
don’t get that from an apartment when I have to worry about my neighbours
and volume levels and having no space to do anything.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with making your own sandwich, or
living at your appropriate means, but I don’t consider living with
roommates living. It’s a stepping stone to the American dream (owning a
house).

My parents have told me about their times growing up, living in the single
wide. The pipes would freeze every winter and my dad would be down there
with the hair dryer in the 70’s to unthaw. That’s all fine and dandy. When
they had me in 88, they bought a house, probably 1700sqft, it was nice. I
wouldn’t have had the childhood I had by being in a trailer.

I don’t really believe in religion of any kind, they all have valuable
teachings (and not so valuable) but I think it’s just how you think about
the world at large. Things are always changing, and I don’t think it’s a
bad mantra to think that the new generation should have it better than
generations past. Doesn’t mean you have to stop learning, or applying
yourself. In Canada specifically our housing is so out of control that even
a new family with one kid still has to rent and/or be in a small apartment
unless they wait until they’re 40 and have had decent paying jobs (70k) a
year for a while.

Or live in the boonies and kill your own food, gather your own wood, and
there’s nothing wrong with that either.