I disagree with that, late last year I was laid off so most of January I
was looking for another job. I was making over 100k at the last role and
more than one interview   in January  for a role only to find out they top
out at like 60k. So after that I would only interview if I knew the range.
It was a waste of time for me if I did not know the pay..

Zach Underwood (RHCE,RHCSA,RHCT,UACA)
My website <http://zachunderwood.me>
advance-networking.com