From: "Trey Scarborough" <t...@3dsc.co>
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 4:55:30 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] BGP Question

You can prevent this by having a backup default route. The other thing
is if you are n a physical interface or aggregated interface with a vlan
on your upstream's router. If its physical it should stop routing
traffic when it sees the interface down. If not it may keep trying to
send traffic down that interface. BFD can help with this. It will Also
depend on how your provider handles the traffic when the the session
with you terminates. If it will forward it on to your other providers or
not. If your alternate providers are connected closely to you it
shouldn't take to long, but it can take 10-20min for the loss of the
peer to propagate across all global routing tables.