Ahh, I quickly glanced online and somehow misread the gige as cat6.   Which
is why I was confused.

I've been neck deep in the 10 gig E spec for midspan injection off and on
for the last couple of months.   Not a fun read or design.   Considering
going to 6 or 8 layers  so I can meet some of the specifications. (Three
ground planes with each pair being ran as a buried stripline).   And don't
even get me started about how I feel the 568A/B pair arrangement has
outlived its usefulness.   I'd like to see us move to an arrangement where
the pairs actually pass through the jack as pairs.