Probably to reduce automated copyright claims.

I notice that a lot of the videos are using non-licensed material and
modifying in some way.   Left to right flip,  zooming, stretching, adding
borders, etc.

Plus, I've also noticed that a lot of selfie camera video is left mirrored
like it is often shown on the live display on the phone.