If you want to do lifepo4 right, here are the key points (In my opinion).

1.      After a discharge, a boost charge at a voltage of around 3.5-3.65V/cell
should be applied to recharge the battery, until you reach termination charge
current.

2.      After boost charge is complete, you may want to hold voltage for a
period of time to allow the BMS to top balance the cells. Your BMS will likely
be programmed to top balance above 3.4V/cell. I like to hold the pack voltage
at just above 3.4V/cell for as long as it takes for this top balance to
complete.

3.      After the top balance is complete you should switch to a float charge
of 3.375V/cell for maximum lifespan. Holding voltage higher in float can lead
to pack swelling and lower lifespan.

4.      Batteries should not be charged in any way at or below freezing
temperatures, discharging is ok.

5.      Batteries not being used (spares) should have the BMS disabled to avoid
BMS induced self discharging.

Peter Kranz
 <http://www.unwiredltd.com/> www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100