LifePowers have a BMS.   But most people power them with a LFP designed charger to get the power into them much faster than a regular power supply.

On 4/5/24 12:13 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
You will need a BMS unless the battery has one built in.  If it does, a regular telco rectifier will do the job.

-----Original Message----- From: Mark - Myakka Technologies via AF
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2024 10:58 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Cc: Mark - Myakka Technologies
Subject: [AFMUG] LiFePO4 question again

I'm finding hard to pass up just getting a 100ah 48v LiFePO4 rackmount battery.  I have a new fiber system that will need a maximum of 3kw once it is maxed out over the years.  This seems like an easy and clean battery solution.

Question is how do I power the system from the AC side on a daily basis and keep the battery charged.  The normal rectifier way seems to be a bit lacking in LiFePO4 support.

I can get a EG4 Chargeverter 48V 100A Battery Charger that looks like it would do the job.  Not sure if this thing is designed to run 24/7 at load or if it is designed for intermittent loads to just charge batteries.

Thoughts?

--

Thanks,
Mark                          mailto:m...@mailmt.com