We have seen an extremely wide range of prices for dark fiber leases,
it's one of these things where every situation and provider is
different. I have been quoted prices over $100/mo per strand-mile and
as low as $15/mo/strand-mile. A lot of the value seems to be what they
suspect you're going to try to do with the strands. 50 Miles to a
datacenter, you're gonna be running NxDWDM 100gig waves, big money.
Shorter local/metro distance that maybe gets you between your NOC and
a small/WISP style tower, or maybe grabbing a piece of an "island" run
that can't even connect to anything else, much more reasonable prices.