I used to run some medium sized colo. I concur with Eric's comment below. However:

To get or keep 'smarter' and lower maintenance customers offer this type of service:

-Offer PP&P
--(Ping Pipe & Power ONLY to the customer. HVAC is included.
-NO physical/unescorted access to their machine.
--If it breaks to the point that they can no longer get into it they can come pick it up and return it the next day or something or.
-Smart hands cost money.
--If you have to touch the machine then you charge $$. (period)
--After hours? $$$$

I charge just enough to make a little profit over the charge for my rack in another colo provider's DC. The smart customers I have know this so they 'put up' with the line items above.

I have about 5 colo servers sitting fat and happy in a rack.

Over a 3 year period I have had 1 call for assistance as the customer's power supply failed and 1 escorted (I tapped my foot the entire time) trip to the rack for some memory upgrades on a server. I did not charge for the time as it was scheduled WELL in advance and he bought dinner.

ryan