So throw in BFD, maybe?

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Mark Radabaugh via Af
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 8:52 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ERPS: G.8032 vs Brocade MRP vs ?

We are evaluating vendors for this at the moment.  Ciena is looking like the
winner at the moment, with G.8032 as the loop control topology.

So far we have rejected Cisco, Juniper, Performant, Accedian, and Extreme as
vendors.

To answer Forrest’s question - yes, we do need faster recovery than we can get
from MSTP, OSPF, MPLS.   While those protocols have worked well, they don’t
have the recovery time we want.

Other things we are looking for beyond quick recovery time:

Carrier Ethernet Services (Metro Ethernet Forum) Ethernet OAM Performance
Monitoring (Y.1731)

I want to be able to offer carrier type services (NNI, E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree,
E-Access) to other companies over our wireless and fiber network.  If you want
to sell services to cell companies they are requiring Y.1731 (Performance
Monitoring) at the handoff.

We already have pieces of this in place over the wireless network using Q-in-Q,
but want to extend this further.  We currently have one other ISP set up
selling services over our wireless network with transparent (to the customer)
Ethernet delivery back to the providers network.   It’s pretty cool in that
they can install customers anywhere on our Canopy network and deliver the
Ethernet traffic back to their network.  We don’t care what VLAN, IP
Addressing, DHCP, or Authentication scheme they are using - it’s just Ethernet.

Mark