slickdeals has a quad core atom 11.4 laptop with 2GB ram and 32GB SSD on 
windows 8.1 with free shipping right now. Go that route.

:: Josh Reynolds, CIO, SPITwSPOTS - Pardon any brevity, this message was sent 
via mobile device

On Feb 15, 2015 3:32 PM, "George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting)" 
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I'm having some problems with my now almost 5 year old Asus UL20 laptop 
> that I use in the field. Still works fine, just showing its age and 
> starting to run like crap. But it's small and light and the battery 
> lasts nearly 5 hours while I'm sitting at a site with the guys on the 
> tower putting up radios and stuff. I've thought about throwing some more 
> RAM in it, maybe an SSD and then reload everything. Or... 
>
> One of the guys just got an HP tablet. Not sure exactly which one. I 
> thought it was ARM based. But apparently it supports USB OTG, which is 
> cool, throw a USB ethernet adapter on it. There's the HP Stream 7 for 
> under $100. Quad-core Atom with full Windows 8.1, 32-bit, but who cares. 
> I think I'm just gonna do that instead. Then I can still run Winbox, 
> SiteMonitor Manager for those old Base-1's out there and other stuff 
> that only works on x86. 
>
> Anybody know of something better? 

Reply via email to