Yeah, obscure Chinese shit. Nothing that I'd want to buy, even for $50.

I bought this adapter for the HP. http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Compatible-Smartphones-AX88772A/dp/B00RM3KXAU

Found out from their site that it will work with my Moto X as well. I had no idea the Moto X's USB was OTG capable. Doesn't do me much good if I'm on-site and need to MAC Winbox into a router though. That's why I bought the HP Stream. We'll see how it goes. I'm just tired of lugging the laptop around.

On 2/16/2015 5:25 PM, Sam Lambie wrote:
Can you get a tablet with Ethernet ports?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM, joseph marsh <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    We use tablets and like it so far  its nicer than a laptop at times

    On Feb 15, 2015 6:33 PM, "George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting)"
    <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

        I'm having some problems with my now almost 5 year old Asus
        UL20 laptop that I use in the field. Still works fine, just
        showing its age and starting to run like crap. But it's small
        and light and the battery lasts nearly 5 hours while I'm
        sitting at a site with the guys on the tower putting up radios
        and stuff. I've thought about throwing some more RAM in it,
        maybe an SSD and then reload everything. Or...

        One of the guys just got an HP tablet. Not sure exactly which
        one. I thought it was ARM based. But apparently it supports
        USB OTG, which is cool, throw a USB ethernet adapter on it.
        There's the HP Stream 7 for under $100. Quad-core Atom with
        full Windows 8.1, 32-bit, but who cares. I think I'm just
        gonna do that instead. Then I can still run Winbox,
        SiteMonitor Manager for those old Base-1's out there and other
        stuff that only works on x86.

        Anybody know of something better?




--
--
*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office
www.Taosnet.com <http://www.newmex.com>

Reply via email to