Thanks. The model is CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+. I'm getting some additional strange
behavior. If I disable auto negotiation, the link light comes on using the
SFP+ port. However, the other end (a Cisco Nexus switch) still shows the
interface as down. The standard sfp port claims to get a link with auto
negotiation active, but shows "failed" in the auto negotiation field. Any
way it is configured, this also shows down on the Cisco. I'm using generic
optics right now, but we've gotten the same result using Cisco optics at
both ends. I'll have to try changing the rate select and rebooting next.