I think some people use the word "simplex" to mean a single fiber. Simplex can also mean (and more often in my experience) to mean one-way communication. In the HAM world, I think simplex usually means half-duplex, or one-way at a time.

I think in our world, there would not be much use for an actual simplex, or one-way communication. However, simplex fiber (a single fiber) with BIDI interfaces would be a good thing.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>