Water ingress from the inside of the radio or feed horn case draining into the center conductor Corrosion from a odd reaction with the sillicon grease in I put in the connector

But in any case - I still usually seal them with tape and mastic.

Mark

On 4/2/15 9:27 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
N connectors, properly applied, do not even need sealing. The gasket in the male end (the one with the internal threads) mates with the end of the female end (the one with the exterior threads) and “in theory” prevent moisture from getting in via the threads. The back end is a whole different story. If the cable to terminal body is sealed then you are good.
That said, I always did vinyl over rubber too...
*From:* Kurt Fankhauser <mailto:li...@wavelinc.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 01, 2015 10:07 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] cambium selfie
Hey now, I have those N-connectors sealed up good. Wrapped them with Super 33+, then I wrapped them with rubber tape, then I put another layer of Super 33+ on them, have been doing it this way for 8+ years and havn't had water get in an N-connector yet. Some thunderstorms supposed to be rolling in tonight and I can tell you that last thing I worry about in my network is water getting into N-connectors....

Kurt Fankhauser

Wavelinc Communications

P.O. Box 126

Bucyrus, OH 44820