Is there another piece of gear you can try with the planet switch that isn't the mikrotik?

The only reason I ask is that I always seem to hear about ethernet negotiation issues with mikrotik, and sfp issues with them as well - mainly CCRs.

Haven't heard anything bad about the planet stuff to this point.