From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:18 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Media converter - store and forward or pass-through

Look closer to the specs:-

·    Store-and-Forward Switching Mechanism
and the dip switch is labeled "Transmission mode"..

This media converter has a 'switch chip' and as such can do actual store and
forward of frames (must have some sort of hardware memory buffer in it).

So, Dennis's explanation  would be correct on what this feature is..

BTW, FYI, not all media converters are built the same, we have seen some media
converters which will struggle in passing over a certain amount of packets....
once you put this one in service, you might want to check that you are able to
get full thru-put on it.

----------------
but TDM and DS3 is kinda dead in 2015 isn't it?

Do you think that all of the Telcom (Phone Calls processing) Network in the US
is converted over to IP ?

Yes, these are old standards, but still in heavy use, predominantly by
Telephony networks

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email:
supp...@snappytelecom.net<mailto:supp...@snappytelecom.net>