Yeah, that would be better.  Squirrels are very inquisitive and persistent
creatures.  They would probably bite all your other cables to determine if they
get shocks from all of them.  I used to have pear trees.  The squirrels would
take one bite out of each green pear to see if it was ripe.

From: Sean Heskett
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:37 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Voltage\Amperage on Shielded Cable

I'd run the cable thru liquidtight conduit.

On Sunday, May 10, 2015, Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net> wrote:

  How much voltage\amperage on the cable's shield could the radio handle
without messing up? Since these squirrels like chewing cables, I'd like to give
them a shocking experience! Hook a cheap fence charger to the ground wire of
the SS chassis?  ;-)

  Note: I don't actually intend on doing that...  not because of the squirrels,
but because I don't wanna jack up the radios.

  http://www.ics-il.com

  Midwest Internet Exchange
  http://www.midwest-ix.com