There are solutions, it just comes down to bits per dollar.

A SD card + socket probably costs around $5-6 to implement, including
card.   For that you get around 4GB (4096MB) or so.  Plus if you're picky
about the brand you can get a card with built-in wear leveling, etc, so you
don't have to worry about that stuff.  But you have the temperature issue.

For the same price, you only get 32MB (0.032GB) of soldered in memory.
Would 32MB be enough?  Probably, but there are a *lot* of things you can do
if you have seemingly unlimited storage.