So what you're saying is... MikroTik stuff isn't all that reliable? ;)

On 5/28/2015 2:21 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
That's similar to what we saw with the MT ones; slide out/slide in, and they would work for a while. We weren't sure if we were having issues with the RB260GS or the SFPs.

After a couple rounds of that, the SFPs just quit working altogether. It was just a small group of SFPs we got from MT that all had the same issue. We replaced them with generic SFPs and have not had problems since.
bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 5/28/2015 12:16 PM, Sterling Jacobson wrote:

I think I’ve seen that a couple of times with the RB260GS units as well.

Mostly during a brownout or power spike.

Not all of them, just one or two out of hundreds.

Had to re-rack the SFP to get them to connect.

This happened with the Mikrotik branded ones, FiberStore branded ones, and I think the generic ones too.

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Jason McKemie
*Sent:* Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:55 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Multimode BIDI

I've had some issues with Occam compatible SFPs in RB260gs units - they would work, but you would have to unplug them and plug them back in while the unit was powered up to get them to link. So if the Mikrotik loses power, the link goes down until you pull the SFP again. Not sure if that was just with that particular SFP model though, as I haven't had any problems with the generic units.

I've also had an issue with Mikrotiks linking to a planet switch, but that was some incompatibility between the actual devices, not the SFPs.