You never know… you might push one of the many manufacturers on here to develop
such a product.  Million dollar PO’s can push smaller manufacturers to do a lot
of things.

Also remember besides profit, we all have limited resources to focus on so many
things.  SAF was first or second to market on many things… usually it pays off
being third to market or something similar.  SAF has more R&D projects in the
works than we can focus on.  With 4x the number of engineers, we would have
tons more products… but there is a vicious cycle of being able to sell
everything and keep the lights on.

Rory’s example of 24GHz is a good example.  Snaplink was probably first to
market in many ways (remember them?), DragonWave built a version of the Horizon
Compact that I think almost no one bought (I sold one back when I was at 3-dB
Networks in 2008 I think), and SAF had success with Lumina and Freemile in
24GHz well before Ubiquiti announced (forget about shipped) their first
airFiber link.  But being later to market also allowed them to go another route
that turned out to be very disruptive.

Nothing discussed here hasn’t been discussed or even heavily researched by at
least one manufacturer, if not many.  Probably all I can say without someone,
somewhere shooting me :-D

Saying 240GHz is interesting is like saying 95GHz is interesting.  Why mess
around there though when you have 80GHz.

The FCC isn’t always the bad guy.  The FCC was the first regulator to give the
world use of 60GHz for instance.

Daniel White

(303) 746-3590