I have to ask. What's the point of modernizing HAM radio when you have fast IP 
connections via any other method?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 5, 2015, at 6:32 PM, Colin Stanners <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> I posted this a few months back and got a few "too bad we just threw away a 
> bunch of gear" answers so I'm trying again as a reminder. I'm  thinking of 
> posting this every 3 months if no one considers it annoying.
> 
> I'm with a group of hams using wifi gear (mostly Ubnt/MT) at 2.3ghz in a
> project to modernize amateur radio communications. We don't have a big budget 
> so if anyone has ~2.4ghz Vpol 60-120deg sectors, higher-gain antennas or 
> Ubnt/MT/other wifi CPEs available cheap/free, please let me know and we can 
> look at shipping.
> 
> Or if any one here is a ham and has the free time to start building 
> additional networks (I know that's unlikely) I can answer questions/help.

Reply via email to