Attached is the screen shot of the AP that has the most customers on it.  In 
the location where the disconnecte button is I have manually typed the SM power 
level that I just read from the SM 



----- Original Message -----
From: "Faisal Imtiaz" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 8:42:52 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP 10 mhz vs 20mhz

Quick question for you......
When you say the uplink is bad for cpe's with strong signals.... -50 etc...
I guess the -50 is what the CPE is seeing the AP at ?
What about the AP seeing the CPE at ? 

Is it possibly that your AP's are off in down-tilt/up-tilt ? That can also 
explain uplink issues..

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected] 

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Craig House" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:31:25 PM
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP 10 mhz vs 20mhz
> 
> AP's were set to -60 but were having uplink issues with wireless link tests
> as bad as .1MB or at best .5MB uplink   Once I changed them to -45 Target
> recieve level the uplink throughput went up to between 2MB and 8MB now.  FYI
> the AP's we have customers on have no registred Subs on the sector opposite
> them on the towers at this time so it cant be F/B sector receive beign too
> strong and causing interference.
> 
> Craig
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Skorup" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 8:20:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP 10 mhz vs 20mhz
> 
> What do you have the APs SM Rx target level set to? If it's default at
> -40, that's a problem. I set FSK to -60, ePMP and 450 get -57 (-60 per
> polarity). Seems to work well. Absolutely required for frequency reuse
> with close/hot SMs. Since you said you have some customers receiving at
> -50, their uplinks are probably really hot, which means more than enough
> to interfere with adjacent/back sectors. It's different with the 450, no
> guard bands required, better filtering. Well, there's some oddities like
> the 3GHz 450 that has adjacent channel support, which limits the SM's
> max Tx power so that no guard band is required.
> 
> On 6/6/2015 7:19 PM, Craig House wrote:
> > We have deployed 6 towers to begin our new EPMP network and 4 of those
> > towers have a full cluster of 2.4 90 degree EPMP sectors.  They are
> > configured with ACS turned off now because in several cases they all ended
> > up on the same or very close to the same channel.  I have Front back
> > designations and non overlapping channels set up on all towers.  I have
> > tried 40 mhz 20 mhz and now 10mhz channels and while the customer
> > stability has gotten better the more I play with settings I have kind of
> > hit a point I dont know what else to try.  I have some that the uplink
> > quality will vary wildly from 100% to 0%.  Most have gotten better since I
> > went to a 10mhz channel.  Most of the customers get 12MB -30mb down in the
> > wireless link test but the uplinks are as bad as .17.   What is the cause
> > of this poor uplink quality?  Is it interfernece?  My one 5ghz AP does not
> > have this problem but even with noise many of these customers have -50
> > signals and oddly enough the ones with the great signals seem to be the
> > ones that have the poorest link tests on the up link side.  I also have
> > customes with -65 or -72 signals that get 5MB up on the same sectors?  Im
> > scratching my head a bit on what the fix is for this?  Should I leave ACS
> > on and change everything to 10mhz channels?  Will a full cluster with ACS
> > on work all on the same channel?
> > I'm used to FSK where you pick your channel and any channels that are
> > adjacent will cause problems with connected SM's.  So am I just applying
> > old knowledge to a technology that it doesn't apply to?
> >
> > Craig
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to