The basic UBNT dishes just don't have good rejection compared to the Jirous. 
I'm not sure how their newer dishes compare. While I can't know the specific 
sources of interference in your link, it's generally a good idea to now be 
using those dishes unless you have 14 metric tons of RF Armor on it at which 
point you're at more weight and money than just getting Jirous to begin with. 

Note: There may very well be dishes just as good as or better than Jirous out 
there, that's just what I have experience with. Actually, I like one made in 
Turkey better than Jirous as it as turnbuckle adjustments for A and E for 
really fine, precision stuff. No one in the states sells them, though. 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



Midwest Internet Exchange 
http://www.midwest-ix.com 


----- Original Message -----

From: "Rory Conaway" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:25:29 AM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish 



You think? It seems to be Cambium noise on a tower between the radios. Didn’t 
see it until we put up the link plus it was what we had in stock at the time. 

Rory 



From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike Hammett 
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:11 AM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish 


If you have high noise, you shouldn't be using the basic UBNT dishes. 



----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



Midwest Internet Exchange 
http://www.midwest-ix.com 


----- Original Message -----


From: "Rory Conaway" < [email protected] > 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 12:52:11 AM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish 

Yep, got one up now. I'm shooting 14 miles to a 34dB dish in a 
high-interference environment. It's okay but I'm going to upgrade it to a 34dBi 
and also try the dual-slant to see the difference. 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Af [ mailto:[email protected] ] On Behalf Of Brett A Mansfield 
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:49 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish 

Anyone use the Mimosa B5c along with the UBNT 30dB rocket dish? What kind of 
performance did you get? Any good for collocation? 

Thank you, 
Brett A Mansfield 

Reply via email to