The advantage to the dish is that it’s 5dBi more than the integrated antenna to 
start with.  I’m putting up a 34dBi antenna next to see if that makes a 
difference.  The noise isn’t on the side, it’s in the path.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brett A Mansfield
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish

That is exactly what it is for me. I have a lot of the rocket dishes in stock 
just sitting there collecting dust. If I can buy the B5c and save $400/link and 
use dishes I already have, that would be ideal. I already have the RF Armor for 
them too.

Would anyone recommend going with the non-connectorized B5 over the shielded 
rocket dish with B5c? Either way the link is low cost, but there is a lot of 
noise in my area already.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield

On Sep 12, 2015, at 7:25 AM, Rory Conaway 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
You think?  It seems to be Cambium noise on a tower between the radios.  Didn’t 
see it until we put up the link plus it was what we had in stock at the time.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike Hammett
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:11 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish

If you have high noise, you shouldn't be using the basic UBNT dishes.


-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

[http://www.ics-il.com/images/fbicon.png]<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/googleicon.png]<https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/linkedinicon.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/twittericon.png]<https://twitter.com/ICSIL>

Midwest Internet Exchange
http://www.midwest-ix.com

[http://www.ics-il.com/images/fbicon.png]<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/linkedinicon.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/twittericon.png]<https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
________________________________
From: "Rory Conaway" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 12:52:11 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish

Yep, got one up now. I'm shooting 14 miles to a 34dB dish in a 
high-interference environment.  It's okay but I'm going to upgrade it to a 
34dBi and also try the dual-slant to see the difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brett A Mansfield
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:49 PM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [AFMUG] B5c with 2' Rocket Dish

Anyone use the Mimosa B5c along with the UBNT 30dB rocket dish? What kind of 
performance did you get? Any good for collocation?

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield

Reply via email to