Nice feature set.  Expensive, but not on a per kilowatt basis.

One thing to watch out for, is I have found some inverter/chargers with built in automatic transfer switch are meant for switching to batteries when shore power goes away completely, and consider 60 or 80 volts AC good enough and don't switch to batteries. I think some literally rely on the dropout voltage of a relay.


-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 6:17 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Whole Office UPS

I keep eyeballing this thing, but never used one:
http://www.invertersrus.com/aims-picoglf12kw48v240vs.html

Only goes to 12,000 watt, but that should be enough for a 50-amp subpanel.

We have a 22kW generator for our office backing up a 240v single-phase circuit. Right now we have a lot of little UPSs all around the office and would prefer just a one to back up the whole place.

APC Symmetra looks like it only goes to 16kW. Any options that will support the full load of the generator?


Reply via email to