I would not expect -86 and -89 to stay connected, on any firmware.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Justin Marshall <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
>
>
> That should have read:
>
> This AP originally had 6 SM’s connected at *5690*
>
>
>
> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Justin Marshall
> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 07, 2015 3:57 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* [AFMUG] Client can't connect since UBNT 5.6.2 Firmware upgrade
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
> I recently updated a UBNT Rocket M5 to 5.6.2 from 5.5.4. Since this
> update, one of the clients will not connect.
>
>
>
> This AP originally had 6 SM’s connected at 5490.  After the upgrade from
> 5.5.4 to 5.6.2, 2 of the SM’s didn’t come back.  These 2 were not at the
> best signal (-86 and -89).  If I swapped frequencies to 5740 the 1
> connected at -86 popped back up at an -88 and the other SM’s are ~-2 db.
> But still no sign of the one that was at -89.
>
>
>
> This led me to believe UBNT probably lowered the output power for DFS
> frequencies somewhere between 5.5.4 and 5.6.2…
>
>
>
> One would think that downgrading the SM’s and AP back down to 5.5.4 would
> put things back the way they were but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
>
>
>
> I even sent a tech onsite to swap out the unreachable SM with one that had
> 5.5.4 on it.  He said the one with 5.5.4 and the one with 5.6.2 both see
> the AP at -89 under “Site survey” but won’t register to the AP.
>
>
>
> I’m at a loss here… Does anyone have any suggestions of things to try, or
> a magic firmware version (folks on the UBNT forums say 5.5.4 is best for
> DFS frequencies) that might make this AP act the way it did prior to
> upgrading to 5.6.2?
>
> I’ve already tried every other 5 Ghz Frequency available (with a mix of
> different country codes), most with worse results.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin
>
> [email protected]
>
>
>

Reply via email to