"Wrinkles on the outside of the spacecraft and the ablative fabric. "

thermal blankets are a real thing, they are wrinkly. see for example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=thermal+blanket+satellite&num=100&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIpqfE1Za5yAIVgYwNCh0QwAEc&biw=1339&bih=913

now you certainly don't see them on things intended for atmospheric flight.
in their current use thermal blankets on satellites are only exposed after
an aeroshell has been jettisoned and atmospheric drag is negligible (>150km
altitude).