From: "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:16:15 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Omni Smart Antenna

PureWave (now Mercury) had a mode on their WiMAX basestation where instead of
6x6 MIMO, it used three 120 degree 2x2 MIMO sectors in the mode that Gino
suggested. Basestation talks to each CPE in a time division fashion using the
sector that has the best signal to that CPE. It’s a site starter mode, they
assume you will eventually go to 3 basestations.

I assume the LTE guys could do this as well, I wonder if Telrad maybe has it
already. I think Runcom maybe does this on their TVWS gear.