Franchisee tax???
Something is getting passed along...
477 prep fee?

From: Josh Luthman
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 11:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Centurylink Bogus Fees

USF is for phone, not Internet.  Besides it wouldn't be 1.99/29.95 (6.64%).

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

  USF maybe?

  -----Original Message----- From: Travis Johnson Sent: Tuesday, February 09,
2016 11:40 AM To: af@afmug.com Subject: [AFMUG] Centurylink Bogus Fees

  I was just helping my daughter setup Centurylink DSL service at her new
house. They advertise $29.95/month for the service, but when you call and talk
to the rep, there is an additional "Internet Recovery Fee" of $1.99/month. When
I asked for specifics about that fee, all she could say was "everyone gets
charged that... it's how we keep the network running and stuff". I think she
even tried to throw something about the FCC into the conversation once.

  Amazing that they can add all these "fees" on top of the advertised price and
nobody has an issue with it. I don't understand why they don't just advertise
$1/month internet and then add $29.99/month for their "Internet recovery fee".
LOL

  Travis