It wouldn't surprise me too much... I figured it with it being a new product it was best to put the newest firmware available on it right away.
On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote: > I just did and the port 6-10 problem is resolved! (I am actually home now > and my laptop is on battery not the charger so maybe I'm fooling myself, > but that seems far fetched.) > > Thanks guys. > > Oh, and BTW, now I have the LCD menu in Winbox (but still no master port > setting). > > Could Mikrotik really be shipping routers with FW that has half the ports > nonfunctional? That seem extreme even for them. > > > -----Original Message----- From: George Skorup > Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:54 PM > > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik 3011 problems with ports 6-10 > > 6.34.2 is there on the download page for ARM under current. I would try > that. > > On 2/21/2016 7:45 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote: > >> Actually 6.32.2. There is no 6.32.4 listed for ARM on the download page. >> I was trying to be conservative and go with "bugfix" not "current". I was >> going to use these for a business install tomorrow, the only 2011 I have on >> hand is a desktop model with WiFi, but I guess I will take that with just >> in case. >> >> It's kind of annoying that you have to do some things from the CLI >> because they aren't supported or are broken in Winbox and Webmin. Like >> switch master port (missing in Winbox, somewhat broken in Webmin), or >> configuring the LCD panel. From what I see on the forums, these are not >> fixed even in the latest beta. >> >> >> -----Original Message----- From: George Skorup >> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:21 PM >> To: [email protected] >> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik 3011 problems with ports 6-10 >> >> Do you mean 6.34.2? That's the current release for ARM. You could also >> try 6.35-rc12. There's nothing in any changelogs about it, but MikroTik >> is notorious for fixing/breaking stuff and not telling anybody. >> >> On 2/21/2016 7:08 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote: >> >>> Running 6.32.2 since that's the latest bugfix load for ARM, and it's >>> what came loaded on the router. >>> >>> If I plug into any of ports 6-10, the interface keeps going >>> up/down/up/down every few seconds. Ports 1-5 no problems. I am confused, >>> supposedly both switch groups use the same model of switch chip. >>> >>> Just to make sure I didn't have a config problem or a bad router, I took >>> another one out of the box, plugged into port 7, same thing. I got this >>> with my laptop but I also tried a nanostation I had sitting here and got >>> the same thing, the laptop is gigabit, the nanostation is 10/100. Also >>> didn't make any difference with my laptop if I forced one end or the other >>> to 100FDX. Both sides report the link going down. >>> >>> Has anyone else seen this or seen something on the forums about it? >>> This seems very ungood. So instead of a 2011 with ports 6-10 limited to >>> 10/100, I get ports 6-10 unusable. >>> >>> >> >> > >
