This seems to be the curse of ubnt.

Making changes to something like management IP or timezone, clock, whatever
should not reboot a radio.

It is somewhat forgiveable on a $499 radio buy not on a $6000 link.

All proper part101 radios have the management interface separated from the
traffic pipe.

So, lesson, get your ubnt set up right the first time, or learn to enjoy
maintenance windows at 0200 on Tuesday mornings.