I stand corrected.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Waveguide septum filter.
>
> *From:* Steve Utick <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:27 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>
> It's pretty impossible to show in the interface, as the physical radio
> itself is exactly the same.  What makes it TX high or TX low is the
> position of the diplexer in the radio.  You can flip them to make the High
> radio a Low and vice versa.
>
> I've attached a picture of the diplexer out of a Ceragon 6GHz radio.  You
> can see the L and H markings on it.  Simply flipping the diplexer end for
> end changes the radio from TX high to TX low.
>
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Sterling Jacobson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok, so looking at my parts list it does appear that one is H and one is L.
>>
>>
>>
>> Unfortunately, the geniuses at Ceragon don’t seem to have figured out how
>> to show that in the interface anywhere.
>>
>>
>>
>> So I guess I’ll have to climb one of the towers to figure out which it is.
>>
>>
>>
>> So for example, if I’m using channel 11200 and 10800 then the H radio
>> needs to be assigned the 11200 channel?
>>
>> And the 10800 the L radio?
>>
>>
>>
>> Do I have that right?
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Steve Utick
>> *Sent:* Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:51 PM
>> *To:* [email protected]
>> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>>
>>
>>
>> If I remember right, the radios I have do have frequencies listed on the
>> sticker as well, so that should tell you if they are capable of the range
>> you have.
>>
>> The radios will happily let you program frequencies into them that are
>> outside of the diplexers that are in the radio, they just won't work very
>> well, if at all.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Caleb Knauer <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I think there's two sub-bands they use, what they call channels 1-6
>> and 7-12.  IIRC, the label that lists the PN shows the frequency
>> range, but that may have been one of their other models.  Been a
>> little bit since I laid hands on one.
>> --
>> IgniteNet
>> [email protected]
>> www.ignitenet.com
>> We're hiring!  Ping me.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Steve Utick <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > On the serial # sticker on the radio, one will have a L in the middle
>> of the
>> > part number, and other will have a H in the middle.
>> >
>> > As for the sub bands, etc. you'd have to check part #'s on the radio to
>> see
>> > what sub bands they are for and what frequencies that encompasses, and
>> if
>> > it's within the new frequencies you are operating in or not.
>> >
>> >
>> > On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Sterling Jacobson <
>> [email protected]>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Ok, so that’s a physical thing?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I had assumed that the radios/antennas could do the full 11GHz
>> spectrum.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Does anyone know how to tell if this IP20C have to be physically or
>> >> programmatically configured for high/low?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I don’t see that in the docs.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ty Featherling
>> >> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:09 PM
>> >> To: [email protected]
>> >> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> There should be a low side and a high side. One transmits at the higher
>> >> frequency and the other lower. I found out if you have the low one set
>> to
>> >> transmit high it won't work. I can't remember on the ip20 but some
>> ODUs can
>> >> be rotated to switch from high to low. That may be what you did when
>> you
>> >> rotated that one side.
>> >>
>> >> -Ty
>> >>
>> >> -Ty
>> >>
>> >> On Mar 24, 2016 2:22 PM, "Sterling Jacobson" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I’m not sure there is a parameter for that in this radio.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I don’t see anything saying High or Low.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I just see a tx/rx for each pair of radios in each side.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Per Ceragon instructions those are the same tx/rx settings for both
>> >> radios, just reversed on the other side.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ty Featherling
>> >> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 1:18 PM
>> >> To: [email protected]
>> >> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> You changed channels, it it still the right unit? High vs low?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -Ty
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -Ty
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Sterling Jacobson <
>> [email protected]>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I'm checking, but yet, they should be.
>> >>
>> >> This link was up and working last year, then it was removed off the
>> >> mountain, then this year put back up with one end in a different
>> location
>> >> and under a different FCC license.
>> >>
>> >> So the things that were changed were the tx/rx frequencies (matching
>> send
>> >> for both radios on a side and matching receive, just switched on each
>> end)
>> >> and dBm now on both sides.
>> >>
>> >> Physically on one side we 'rotated' the antenna/mount 180 degrees to
>> make
>> >> it a right handed mount instead of left handed.
>> >> That shouldn't matter, should it?
>> >>
>> >> I don't have management access available externally, or even able to
>> >> connect to the internet at this point in time, or I would.
>> >>
>> >> I could send screen shots I guess.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of SmarterBroadband
>> >> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:36 PM
>> >> To: [email protected]
>> >> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>> >>
>> >> Are they on the same firmware?
>> >> That caused us a problem where they would not link.
>> >>
>> >> Can you give me remote access?  I could take a quick look and compare
>> to
>> >> one of my links.
>> >>
>> >> Adam
>> >>
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sterling Jacobson
>> >> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:33 AM
>> >> To: [email protected]
>> >> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>> >>
>> >> Hey guys, I am completely stumped at this point.
>> >>
>> >> I've tried three times to get this link working, to even show a brief
>> blip
>> >> of anything showing up on the other side power wise.
>> >>
>> >> I have both radios ON and transmitting at full 24dBm.
>> >>
>> >> I don't see ANYTHING change on the other side of the link.
>> >>
>> >> This is with 3' dishes and about 8 miles out.
>> >>
>> >> All settings on both sides are the same except tx/rx frequencies
>> swapped
>> >> of course.
>> >>
>> >> What am I missing?
>> >>
>> >> Is there some magic on/off switch or feature/function that I am
>> >> overlooking on these radios?
>> >>
>> >> GAAAHHHHH!
>> >>
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sterling Jacobson
>> >> Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:13 PM
>> >> To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
>> >> Subject: [AFMUG] Ceragon IP20C
>> >>
>> >> Anyone around today that has configured and aimed these before?
>> >>
>> >> I'm in the web page under Radio Parameters and I'm confused about the
>> TX
>> >> Mute.
>> >>
>> >> Should that be ON to allow the radios to talk? Or OFF?
>> >>
>> >> And I'm unsure on XPIC, I think I have it so it should work, but I only
>> >> have a pair of frequencies, but two actual radios per side of this
>> link.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Reply via email to