I talked to the power company guy about a polling system where the meter
reader just has to drive down the road and it polls the meters....I said
I'd rather you do that because it's much better for me and other
operators in 900mhz. He said, politely, that that isn't part of their
product selection process. It will come down to how well it works (for
them) and what it costs.
To their credit, they seem very willing to cooperate on 3.65ghz frequencies.
On 3/25/2016 2:11 PM, Lewis Bergman wrote:
As a result of AEP's selection of the Gamber-leicht, or something like
that, we ditched 10 AP's and abandoned 900 because it was hammering
everything. In some areas it was hotter than -40db. Nothing would work.
On Fri, Mar 25, 2016, 1:08 PM John Woodfield <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Only effects those customers we had with less than -65 signal.
John Woodfield, President
Delmarva WiFi Inc.
410-870-WiFi
-----Original Message-----
From: "Adam Moffett" <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 1:59pm
To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [AFMUG] Smart Meters
I found out our power company is going to be rolling out smart
meters in a big way in about 8 months.
They are using Wimax as the backhaul to their collectors, then
/probably /900mhz from the collector to the meters. They guy I
talked to said they're still in product selection, but in other
areas they went with the 900mhz mesh.
How many of you were clobbered by these systems, and how many of
you didn't notice the difference?