  From: Josh Luthman
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Taking some off the table

  Aren't you taking draws out of it every month/year?  Ride the growth up if
it's getting bigger and bigger.

  Josh Luthman
  Office: 937-552-2340
  Direct: 937-552-2343

  On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Travis Johnson <t...@ida.net> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'd love to hear some thoughts about when is a good time to take some money
off the table. I know this is a very diverse group and sometimes the insight
here is something you can't get anywhere else. LOL

    I invested in a startup company 27 months ago. When I invested, the company
was valued at $1M and I owned 10%. Over the course of time, the company has
taken a few other investments along the way, so I now own 8.27%. The company is
now valued at $18M and several private equity funds have contacted the CEO
about buying "secondary" shares of the company. So, I have the option to "take
some off the table".

    The company is growing amazingly fast... we just received an offer from one
of the top investment companies in the country that they would invest up to
$25M right now.

    So, the question is: When is a good time to sell some shares (even just to
get the original investment back)??

    Travis