The idea is to build the company to a certain size, and then sell it someone bigger. We have some great opportunities to sell to places like IBM or Salesforce in the next 1-2 years. We would try and make it an all cash deal, and that's when we collect our money... (and then get to pay 30% toward taxes).

Travis

On 4/6/2016 5:59 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:
Who pays you that 1.5 million? Some new investor coming in. Certainly not the company itself ?

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Ken Hohhof <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, April 06, 2016 4:35 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Taking some off the table

    You're 27 months in and your $100K is now worth $1.5M?  I would
    definitely
    take at least $100K out.  Maybe take out $200K and invest half of
    it in a
    new startup.

    That way you're a winner no matter what happens.

    Your tax situation might affect the decision one way or the
    other.  And if
    things keep going this way, you will be setting up a charitable
    trust like
    Bill and Melinda Gates or Warren Buffet, because you don't know
    what to do
    with all your billions.