More info please.  Is this a business or residential customer?  Do they run
their own mailserver?  And is the static IP at their request or your
convenience?  (I’m assuming they are not using your mailserver to send their
spam.)

If it’s a business with their own mailserver, they may unknowingly have an open
mail relay or something.  Or sending bulk mail may be central to their
business.  Or they may be sending legit or borderline legit mail that others
flag as spam (back when I did more hosting, I found it odd that most of my spam
problems were from churches or companies marketing to churches).

On the one hand, many spam blacklists will automatically remove the IP address
after a month or so if nefarious activity ceases.  Some you will have to
request removal.

On the other hand, there is some risk of having your entire IP block
blacklisted if they decide you are a spam-friendly ISP.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_contract

If it’s a business, I would work with them to see if they maybe just need to
close off an open relay or something.  Or if they send bulk mail, inform them
of the CAN SPAM Act.  I usually push those customers toward a bulk mail
service, which can do a much better job of handing bounces and removal
requests.  Some people don’t realize that a high percentage of bounces will get
you blacklisted by large domains like yahoo, gmail, aol, etc., on the
assumption if you have that many bad addresses on your list, you must be a
spammer.  And of course honoring removal requests is a requirement of the CAN
SPAM Act.

If it’s a residence, or a business not operating their own mailserver, block
traffic from their IP address to destination port 25.  The only reason they
would need that is (1) they are operating a mailserver, or (2) they are hosting
a spambot.

If they are violating your TOS, and especially if they are doing things even
worse then sending spam, and they refuse to work with you and make a good faith
effort to solve the problems, then you should dump them as a customer.  Yes,
the next step might be a warrant, but the LEA serving the warrant might bust
down the door of your NOC and seize all your equipment, depending on what this
customer is doing or suspected of doing.  That would be a very bad day.